MY FITNESS PROGRAM IN A NUTSHELL
1. Eat healthy on weekdays and whatever I want on weekends. (Weekdays = Monday breakfast up to Friday Dinner. Weekends = Friday Dinner to Sunday dinner.)
2. On my healthy days, I eat 6 moderate sized meals with one portion each of protein, carbohydrates and vegetables. Usually 2 -3 of those meals are meal replacement/protein shakes due to time constraints.
3. On weekends I still drink three protein shakes through out each day, even though it is my day off.
1. Cardio workouts are on Monday, Wednesday, Friday
2. Weight training on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday (alternating upper and lower body).
3. Sundays are my day off.
4. When I weight train, I don’t use a spotter. I workout to fail, then I lower the weight to finish out the last set.
5. Twice a month I exhaust my muscles in my weight training (i.e. I do three sets of 12 reps like normal, then I continually lower the weights and do sets until I cannot even lift 2.5 lbs.)
5. Cardio workouts are done in three stages: A) Warm up B) moderate C) Kill/stretch myself. Push it to the limit. (I do this three times each cardio session.)
Making It Real:
1. I allow leeway for slips, mistakes and temptation. I don’t get overly concerned if I slip and eat a candy bar or don’t go 100% on my workout. I just don’t make it a habit to do these things all the time. I am human. I will slip up. I know this.
2. Keep the long term goal in mind